Our regular business networking meetings
We normally meet for our networking dinners on the first and third Monday of each month, however occasionally dates do change if they conflict with, for example, a bank holiday. (See calendar to confirm these).
Venue: The Stanwell House Hotel, Lymington
Time: 6pm – 8.30pm
Dinner: A two course meal followed by coffee – the menu caters for vegetarians. Any other dietary requirements, please advise in advance of the meeting you are wishing to attend (preferably 1 week in advance).
Agenda & Timings
- 6.00pm: Meet in the bar; cash-bar for drinks, networking and choose menu
- 6.30pm: Move to The Dining Room; Intro from Chairman
- 6.45pm: 1 Minute around the room
- 7.15pm: Dinner & Networking
- 8.00pm: Testimonials & Referrals
- 8.20pm: Coffee & Networking
- 8.30pm: Finish or continue Networking.
One minute introductions – suggestions to use one minute most effectively
- Tell us your name and business name
- You help businesses with?
- What makes you different – your USP
- What you are needing in terms of business / clients / contacts
- Story of the week
- Strap line – a saying to promote your business –
eg: Hairdresser – “we’ll curl up and dye for you”
Referrals & Testimonials
The principle is to concentrate on events since the last meeting, and be brief – but also specific.
Referral: “I need to speak with XXX, I have two potential jobs for him”
Testimonial: “ABC company did an: excellent job; finished ahead of time; contributed an excellent idea; responded to an emergency”.
This part of the meeting is NOT for promoting one’s own business.